Saturday 5 April 2014

Décisions spontanées :)

When I posted last weekend, I had basically braced myself for another couple of boring weeks - exams will do that to you.

Still, in my experience, spontaneous decisions tend to be [touchwood] the best ones - I remember in my first year, my best friend and I went out for the night, and woke up the next morning to realise that we had bought tickets to see the Royal Ballet perform the Nutcracker, and that turned out to be a brilliant decision :)

Anyway, on Thursday afternoon I spotted an advert on Facebook that led to this decision...


So on Friday evening after I'd finished classes for the day, me and a few others tootled over to the Stade Jean Bouin in the west of Paris for an evening of rugby.


I was umming and arring for a while about whether I was going to support the Quins or Stade Francais, seeing as my brother is a London Irish fan [which according to him, makes me one too by default], and Paris is, after all, my adopted home city. I ended up going with Quins, though, partly because they have a few England players on their team, including the Captain, Chris Robshaw, and partly because I thought they were more likely to win! Shameless, I know, but I was right - Harlequins won. The final score was 6-29.


Granted, it was not the best game of Rugby that I have ever seen - there were a few exciting moments of course - Harlequins got two tries, one of them by Mike Brown who was brilliant during the Six Nations. And also, there was one guy on the french team who kept dropping the ball, which actually ended up being quite entertaining because it happened at a few crucial moments. But really, it was quite a stop-and-start kind of match, which was a shame.


My flatmate Parisa emerged from the stadium declaring it to be 80 minutes of her life she'd never get back [although in all fairness, she's not really a rugby person in the first place, and I think it was all she could do not to wince every time one player tackled another!] Still, I am a Rugby person, and exciting game or no, I enjoyed it. And, as my brother says, the games that are the hardest to win are always the least interesting to watch.

Either way - in my opinion, a night spent out of my books and doing something other than revision, and in good company too, is nothing to whinge about.


À bientôt,


Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment